Alpinism, Backcountry Skiing
• Hitex, Durable Water Repellant (DWR) Ripstop nylon
• Stretch panels on the sides offer a slim fit, but can still expand over layers
• Primaloft® synthetic insulation
• Full length zipper with anti-jam system
• Zippered hand warmer pockets and inside chest pocket
• Adjustable elastic cords seal the bottom hem from drafts
• Lycra arm cuffs
The Protection series combines our hyperlight weatherproof fabrics and construction with Primaloft® synthetic insulation for the ultimate protection and warmth in wet conditions.
The Vest is ideal for donning over a shell when the temps drop or your momentum and body heat start to wane. Or wear it under a shell for alpine and ice climbing to keep the core warm and blood flowing without restricting mobility. HiTex15 is a special hyperlight Ripstop nylon that weighs less per square meter than our proprietary Araneum with a DWR treatment to make it waterproof, durable, yet still packable. Primaloft® work in unison with the fabric to keep dry even in wet conditions.
** Filling Power (also known as “loft”): is the measurement of how much volume (or height in some standards) down occupies. The higher the fill power measurement, the better the quality and insulation value of the down.
Download the photo in high resolution: