Alpinism, Backcountry Skiing
• Proprietary Araneum fabric is uncoated, yet windproof and water resistant
• Filled with 650+ premium grade white goose down**
• Full length zipper with anti-jam system
• Zippered hand warmer pockets and inside chest pocket
• Adjustable elastic cords seal the bottom hem from drafts
• Lycra arm cuffs
The ED Micro Series combines our proprietary Araneum fabric (a 20 denier nylon Ripstop fabric that is 33% stronger and only 10% heavier than 15 denier fabrics) with high quality down and a formed fit for truly remarkable results. Araneum is a spectacular insulating shell material because it is windproof and water resistant without the use of any coatings.
This means the fabric has a natural tendency for trapping heat, yet it remains one of the most packable materials on the market. The Vest is ideal for donning over a shell when the temps drop or your momentum and body heat start to wane. Or wear it under a shell for alpine and ice climbing to keep the core warm and blood flowing without restricting mobility.
** Filling Power (also known as “loft”): is the measurement of how much volume (or height in some standards) down occupies. The higher the fill power measurement, the better the quality and insulation value of the down.